With beautifully appointed suites, an amazing fitness centre, pool - with indoor/outdoor hot tub and kids' pool, spa, and award-winning restaurant, you may never want to leave the resort, but then you'd miss out on all the fun Canmore has to offer. Here's what we loved about staying at Grande Rockies Resort - starting with our sweet suite!
Home Away From Home
The luxurious suite sleeps 4 people: 2 on a double pullout sofa bed in the living room and 2 on the king sized bed in the bedroom. The king sized bed is bigger and comfier, so put the kids on the sofa bed and take wine to your room. ;) Both rooms have large flat screen TVs.
|It's great to have in-suite laundry when you travel with kids!|
|Grande Rockies Resort Suite Kitchen|
Image Credit: Grande Rockies Resort
|Breakfast is served!|
- NOTE: Do not allow young children to shower unattended as they could get pretty hot if they turn the steam on. (The control panel is up high to prevent kids from messing with the controls, but little climbers could get into trouble.)
|Spa steam shower|
To see highlights of our stay at Grande Rockies Resort, please see this video!
Hotel AmenitiesGrande Rockies Resort has the following fine amenities onsite:
- Pools: Children's wading area, Pool with 3-storey waterslide, indoor/outdoor hot tub
- Heated underground parking. Outdoor parking available for overheight vehicles.
- Award-winning Habitat Restaurant & Bar
- Lounge: Enjoy a cocktail, appy or steak sandwich in the comfortable lounge! Open 4 pm - 10 pm.
- Verde Day Spa
- Fitness Centre
- Business Centre
- Banquet and conference facilities including ballroom
|Grande Rockies Resort Lounge|
- Note: The pool key code and pool towels are in your room - bring them with you when you head down to the pool. There is a shower in the pool area for your convenience.
The ambience was pleasant with quiet music and friendly servers. A great place for a delicious meal, or cocktails and appies!
Open for breakfast and lunch daily; dinner: Wednesday-Sunday. For hours or reservations, visit www.granderockies.com/hours/.
|Delectable venison tenderloin|
Things to Do in CanmoreCanmore is a year round adventure playground with great hiking, biking, climbing, caving, skiing, dogsledding, and more. See 14 Things to Do in Canmore This Winter for ideas! I recommend cross country skiing at Canmore Nordic Centre, the Grotto Canyon Ice Walk, and Grassi Lakes hike.
|Cross country skiing at Canmore Nordic Centre|
|Grotto Canyon Ice Walk|
ConclusionFor a grand weekend in the Rockies, stay at Canmore's Grande Rockies Resort! Family approved!!
|Excited travellers! Where will they go next?|
For More InformationPlease visit Grande Rockies Resort at www.granderockies.com.
Disclosure: I received a special room rate in exchange for an honest review. As always, all words and opinions are my own.