1. Alberta Culture Days - September 30 - October 2: Learn about our province's arts, heritage and cultural diversity at several free events and get free admission at Frank Slide Interpretive Centre, Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump and more!
Hike and Culture Day event pairings:
- Bike the Bow River Pathway and cycle tracks to Decidely Jazz Danceworks for a free dance lesson! More bike ride ideas here: 10 Fun Family Bike Rides in Calgary.
- There is a fun 1.5 km interpretive loop at Frank Slide Interpretive Centre & Lundbreck Falls (day use) is a must-see on your way home!
- Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump Interpretive Centre has a 3 km interpretive trail. Learn how buffalo were traditionally hunted.
|Frank Slide Trail, Alberta|
|Frank Slide Interpretive Centre Exhibit|
|Lundbreck Falls, Alberta|
- Nearby hikes: 3 NW Calgary Hikes (Nose Hill Park and Waterfall Valley, Bowmont Park)
|Waterfall Valley Lookout, Bowmont Park|
- Nearby hike: Explore the caves and sculptures at Fish Creek Park.
|Fish Creek Park|
- Nearby hikes: Alder Loop (1.6 km), Elbow Falls (day use), Forget-me-not Pond (picnic area and 2 km hike) and Prairie Mountain (7.8 km, 700 m elevation gain).
|Bragg Creek Scarecrow Festival|
- Nearby parks: Confluence Park (look for the goats doing weed control!), Nose Hill Park (hike to boulders, a pond, and aboriginal Medicine Wheel).