Now that we have been at this fitness challenge for 11 days, we can mix it up a bit. Changing up your exercise routine keeps it fun and interesting, so you will be more likely to stick with it. Whatever you do, aim for at least 20 minutes of exercise. Here are some options:
- Walk, jog, or run: Take it easy if you haven’t run in a while; work up to longer distances gradually. At the beginning, you may want to jog for a few minutes and walk for a few minutes.
- Take a hike: You don’t have to go out of town; urban hikes are also great. Try a different trail each time so you have something to look forward to.
- Go for a bike ride: This is a great option if you have knee problems or are prone to shin splints as it is low impact.
- Swim: Get some good, no-impact exercise if you have the time to shower and all that. If you aren’t keen on swimming laps, try an aquacize class.
- Do an exercise video: There are lots of excellent FREE videos on Youtube. I really like the ones by POPSUGAR Fitness. The instructors are fantastic and the workouts are just the right length for me to complete in the morning before the kids get up.
- Recycle a favorite Busy Parent Fitness Challenge workout. I know you love them. : )
|Opabin Prospect, Yoho National Park|
Track your mileage with a fitness app so you can record your achievements and see your improvement. I like the free MapMyFitness app.
What activity will you choose for Free Style day?