|Gluten free, vegan oatmeal cookies|
- Put first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix at medium speed.
- Combine the baking soda and hot water in a small bowl , stir well, and add to mixing bowl. Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Measure the flour, salt and cinnamon into a medium sized bowl. Mix with a spoon or sift; just make sure to stir the cinnamon and salt in well.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl. Mix on lowest setting until just combined. (Do not overmix.)
- Add in your additions and mix on lowest setting until they are well incorporated into the batter.
- Press the dough into a ball with your hands and let it chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Use a heaping teaspoon to make drop cookies about 1.5″ in diameter and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. You can flatten the cookies slightly as they will not spread out very much.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-14 minutes (our oven is hot, so I bake for only 12 minutes)
- Leave on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
*For my flour blend, I measured the following ingredients into an airtight container and shook it up. Only use 170 g for the cookies!
- 50 g sorghum flour, 25 g quinoa flour, 25 g oat flour
- 25 g arrowroot starch, 60 g potato starch + 65 g white rice flour
Let me know how they turned out and what substitutions (if any) you made.