|Lower until elbow makes a right angle|
|Lift up and straighten those arms|
3. Downward Dog to Upward Dog: Hold each position for 3-5 seconds. Do 20 – 30 (1 = 1 downward dog + 1 upward dog).
|Upward Dog (or Cobra)|
- Get your soup cans or light dumbbells (one for each hand).
- Start position: stand up straight, feet about hip-width apart, with your arms at your sides.
- Lunge forward with your left leg and extend your straight arms behind you until they are above your butt.
- Hold for a few seconds, then return to start position (bringing your right leg forward).
- Repeat on the other side.
|Lunge with Tricep Press|
How would you rate the difficulty and effectiveness of this fitness challenge? My goal was to set three daily exercises that people could do almost anywhere with no special equipment. Have you been able to complete all the workouts? Are you starting to see results? Whenever possible, increase the number of reps or slow down your movements to challenge yourself (slow pushups are harder than fast ones; 45 second squats take more effort than 30 second ones). Depending on your fitness goals, you may wish to increase the weight of dumbbells for weighted exercises. Another option is to include more cardio in your day. Less body fat will improve the appearance of muscle tone.