What is Body Guard?
Body Guard is “a vinyl canvas measuring 30” x 30” that easily attaches inside the car trunk using velcro.”
|Body Guard in action (Photo Credit: Body Guard)|
How does it work?
Unroll the canvas when loading or unloading your trunk to protect your clothes from salt or grime on your car’s bumper. At the same time, Body Guard protects your car’s bumper from being scratched by sports equipment other large items. Alternately, use Body Guard to protect the interior of your trunk when transporting wet items (such as ski boots) or messy items (like potted plants).
When you don’t need it, Body Guard rolls up compactly and can be held in place with the two attached velcro straps.
|Body Guard is not just for skis! (Photo Credit: Body Guard)|
What I Liked
- It works: Body Guard is simple, but it works. I’m so pleased I no longer have to rock salt and dirt smears on my ski pants and can lean the skis on my bumper without worrying about unsightly scratches.
- Ease of installation: Simply press the velcro side against the rear interior of your trunk and you are good to go. If you would like to install on a smooth, uncarpeted surface, an additional velcro strip with adhesive backing is included.
- Size: Body Guard is light and compact. When not in use, it rolls up quite small so it does not take up any precious cargo space. This is very important when trying to fit as much outdoor gear in the car as possible for our family of four!
- Washable material: If Body Guard gets heavily soiled, the material is hand washable. Simply wipe it with a damp cloth.
- Made in Canada: As a Canadian, I am pleased to support a Canadian business. Body Guard is the brainchild of Isabelle Cyr, a Canadian mom. Her father-in-law engineered the product, and her husband, Eric, has been key in promoting the product and forging a partnership with professional hockey player Francis Bouillon from the Montreal Canadiens. Eric and Francis formed Gestion XTRM Inc. to bring Body Guard to market and their success is growing by the day.
- Price: Body Guard is reasonably priced at $19.99 in stores, or $24.50 including shipping at realbodyguard.com / legardeducorps.com (French website).
What I Would Like to See
|Use Body Guard year round (Photo Credit: Body Guard)|
Where to Purchase
I give Body Guard two thumbs up. The product was reasonably priced, will save me money in the long term (dry cleaning or paint chip repairs), and will save me time doing laundry. The more time I can spend playing outside the better!