|WOOM 1 Balance Bike|
Why Balance Bikes?
|Little POG riding the WOOM 1 in the Alberta Foothills|
WOOM 1 – What We Like
- The hand brake! Little POG quickly learned to use the hand brake and has more confidence going down hills since she can stop more easily than just using her feet. It helps that the V-brake is made for small hands.
- The quick release seat post makes it easy to change the seat height – handy for growth spurts or when friends want to try the bike.
- Big pneumatic tires, but light wheels make for great coasting, excellent traction, and a comfortable ride. Pneumatic (air filled) tires: 1) make for a more comfortable ride, 2) last longer, 3) “offer far greater traction on surfaces and prevent wheel ‘slide-outs’.” Source: www.kinderbikeusa.com/main/index.phpoption=com_content&view=article&id=64&lang=en
- Low standover height for an early start and confidence.
- “The ChromMoly Unicrown fork provides maximum damping to reduce stress on little arms.
- The Steer limiter limits the turning radius and prevents wipeouts. This one is so important because beginning riders have a tendency to crank the handlebars farther than they should.
- Stylish design and colors. Choose from WOOM Red or sky blue. The bike turns heads wherever we go and my daughter is so proud to ride it.
- Long life. Besides being durable, the design of the WOOM 1 allows your child to ride it from 18 months to 4 years old. My 4 year old, who is big for her age, still rides the WOOM 1 comfortably. Most other balance bikes are outgrown by the age of 3.
|Small hand reach brake on the WOOM 1.|
WOOM 1 Specs
|Wheels||50 mm Innova
wheels with WOOM SOOPA-DOOPA-HOOPS alloy rims, industry bearing hubs, and Nirospokes
cm) to 16” (40.5 cm)
|Brakes||Yes – Small hand reach brake (1 rear hand brake)|
For more details, please visit WOOM Bikes USA.
WOOM 1 – What We Would Like to See
|Little POG happily riding the WOOM 1 by the Bow River|
*Disclosure: WOOM Bikes USA kindly provided me with a loaner WOOM 1 to test and review. I was not paid or compensated for this review and all opinions are my own.
For More Information
If you would like to see details on two other popular balance bikes for comparison, please check out this post: Runners vs. Strider Balance Bike Reviews
VIDEO Review of the WOOM 1 & 2 – by Paul Osborne for Outdoor Families Magazine