The Alberta Parks Camping Reservation system opens on February 22nd! Are you ready? Take note of the different times for different regions, to ensure you get the sites you want. Group campsite and comfort camping bookings are already available. Backpackers will have to hang tight a while longer, but that just gives you more time to plan!
- Individual Campsites: February 22, 2016 at 4 different times; see below for times for each region.*
- South: 9:00am
- Kananaskis: 11:00am
- East & West Central: 1:00pm
- Northeast & Northwest: 3:00pm
- Group Camping Areas: February 8, 2016 9:00 AM MST
- Comfort Camping: February 16, 2016 9:00 AM MST
|Elkwater Lake, Cypress Hills|
- Backcountry campsites: May 1, 2016 8:15 AM – 4:30 PM. Book by phone: 403-678-3136 or complete and submit the online backcountry reservation request form. Please note that online requests are only checked on Tuesdays and Wednesdays; the fastest way to make a booking is at an Alberta Parks Visitor Information Centre.
- Equestrian Campsites: A few campgrounds are reservable at Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca, but many require you to reserve by phone. More info here.
|Near “The Point” Backcountry Campground,
Peter Lougheed Prov Park
To make your reservation, you will need to provide your name, contact information, address, check in and check out dates, type of equipment, and payment information.
|Middle Lake, Bow Valley Provincial Park|
Alberta Camping Destinations
- Bow Valley Provincial Park
- Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park
- Dinosaur Provincial Park
- Family Friendly Walk-In Campgrounds (includes some in BC)
- Fishing: Fish Lake
- Peter Lougheed Provincial Park: Boulton Creek Campground, Elkwood Campground
- Point Backcountry Campground
- Swimming Lakes: Kinbrook Island, Little Bow
- Writing on Stone Provincial Park
Best of luck in getting your favorite campsites or a great campsite somewhere new! I know we’re excited to visit some new-to-us provincial parks this year!!