|View of Mount Temple from Pipestone Loop|
You can make your day as short or long as you like as the trails connect to each other. On my trip with the Calgary Outdoor Club on January 31st, we did Pipestone, Hector, and Drummond trails (some parts more than once) for a total of 24 kilometers.
|Pipestone Loop Meadow|
|YMCA at Mud Lake|
How to Get There From Calgary
Take Hwy 1 to just past the Lake Louise turnoff. Turn right at “Pipestone Trail Head”.
Other XC Ski Stories You Might Like
- 9 Things to Do in Lake Louise This Winter
- Family Guide to the Ice Magic Festival in Lake Louise
- The Best Beginner XC Ski Trails in Lake Louise
- Cross Country Skiing at the Canmore Nordic Centre
- Where to XC Ski in Calgary, Kananaskis, and Banff (scroll down to section 3)
- What to Look For When Buying Cross Country Skis
- 10 Reasons to Hate (or Love) Cross Country Skiing