|Big POG and Taryn taking baby skunk for a walk|
Taryn and her accessories are high quality. Over the past few months, my 5 year old and 7 year old have dressed and undressed her, dragged her around by one arm (apparently how you show love when you’re almost in kindergarten, LOL), ripped the tent open umpteen times to shove more stuff in and “make it more comfy”, and everything is still good as new. Don’t forget lifting the skunk’s tail a million times to spray people. If that’s not thorough testing, I don’t know what is!
|Maplelea Taryn Collection
Image Credit: Maplelea
- It’s cool that she’s from Banff! (We frequently go to Banff; it’s only an hour from home!)
- We like the same things! (Taryn’s favorite thing to do with her family is go camping and roast marshmallows.)
- Her hair is really nice. It’s like real hair! I like doing her hair!
- I like her cute clothes and pajamas.
- I love her because she came with animals and the animals can move! (The fox is fully adjustable, skunk has an adjustable tail, and the deer stands up on its own.)
- I like her tent because it’s like a real tent. Her backpack is cool too because it has buckles like a real one.
- It’s fun to read her journal and find out what she likes.
|Little POG loves Taryn!|
While I agree with my daughters 100%, I have to add a few points from a mother’s perspective. If Taryn were a real person, she’s the kind of girl I’d want my girls to play with. She won a Citizenship Award in school, is in the Environmental Club, would keep disrespectful tourists out of the park if she had superpowers, and loves skiing, camping, and skating. I read all this in her journal (shhhh, don’t tell!) and her journal has inspired my 7 year old to start one of her own! The first entry was “My Raincation” since this summer has been the rainiest Alberta has seen in 89 years.
|Tying Taryn’s boots. Note the fasteners on the tent flaps and windows!|
|Taryn’s Journal (comes with doll)|
Taryn would make a great gift for young adventurers as she’s a positive role model, fun to play with (that hair!), high quality, and super cute. Built to last, she can be a part of the family for a long time.
|Maplelea Taryn Collection|
Disclosure: Maplelea generously provided us with a complete Taryn collection for review, but all words and opinions are my own. I take great pride in reviewing quality products and providing honest reviews.
Prize: ONE Maplelea Girls doll of winner’s choosing. See complete choices here. Accessories (tent, backpack, animals) sold separately.
Eligibility: Open to residents of Canada & the U.S. Entrants must complete the mandatory entries in the Rafflecopter form below.
Contest closes August 30, 2016 at 11:59 pm MDT.