It’s the last long weekend of summer. Let’s make it count! Here are my top 10 things to do in Calgary area for September long weekend.
- Play Pokemon Go! Pokemon are often found at city landmarks. Explore these landmarks in Calgary parks and hunt for Pokemon at the same time! We had a lot of luck on the Bow River Pathway from Edworthy Park to the Calgary Zoo.
- Don’t have data? You can get 500 MB free data at the Calgary Zoo (from ShawGo Wifi) and there are tons of PokeStops and pokemon to catch.
- Banff Central Park is also a fun place to play with several Pokestops!
- Calgary Playground Review has some great tips on playing Pokemon Go in Calgary.
Pokemon sighting at Poppy Plaza
|Exhibit at Bow Habitat Station|
|River Passage Art Installation|
|Starry Night at Fish Lake Campground|
|Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park in Fall|
|Cypress Hills Provincial Park|
|Peyto Lake, Banff National Park|
|Sikome Lake, Fish Creek Provincial Park|
|Windy Point, Abraham Lake|
|Prairie Mountain in March|
- Car Camping Pack List
- How to Get a Good Night’s Sleep Camping
- 10 Banff Day Trips to Do This Summer (please note Johnson Lake is closed until further notice)
- Bear Safety Tips for Hikers and Backpackers
- MORE Best Short Hikes Near Calgary (Kananaskis Edition)