InjaNation is Calgary’s newest indoor recreation centre where you can bounce, climb, and ninja your way to fitness. Whether you’re looking for a unique birthday party venue, team building activity, girls’ night out, unique date, or family fun, there is something for every person and and every age at InjaNation! I was sweating after a couple runs through the obstacle course, so trust me, it’s not just for kids!
Things to Do
The fun activities at InjaNation include trampolines, climbing, obstacle courses, and foam pits. There’s also a Micro Ninja area for kids 2 & under. I’d recommend the trampoline park and foam pits to kids 2 & up during Mini Ninja Times. Climbing and obstacle courses (and trampolines and foam pits) for ages 4 & up!
No experience is required for climbing as each wall has automatic belay. Be sure to put your harness on securely – staff can check to ensure it’s on properly and show you how to attach the rope to your harness.
Climb a glass wall across from your opponent, or climb side by side in a timed trial. There’s also a rope climber and cool climbing challenge where you walk up elevated posts and jump off (see video below). It was scary but fun at the same time!
|Glass climbing wall|
|The Scariest Thing at InjaNation!|
Bounce your way across the main park, play a game of trampoline dodgeball, or do tricks on the private trampolines. For everyone’s safety, do not do flips in the main trampoline park.
|InjaNation Trampoline Park|
There are two foam pits: one has a diving platform and one has a battle bar. Test how long it takes to knock your opponent off the bar!
|Diving Into The Foam Pit|
|InjaNation Battle Bar|
For an amazing workout and personal challenge, see how fast you can get through each obstacle course! There’s a mini ninja course, ninja obstacle course, and military obstacle course.
|InjaNation Obstacle Course|
MICRO NINJA AREA
There’s even a play area for the littlest ninjas!
|Micro Ninja Area|
Know Before You Go
- Athletic shoes are required.
- Jump socks (grippy socks) are required to go on the trampolines so you don’t slip. You can get them at Walmart sometimes. If you don’t have any, they are $3/pair at the front desk.
- Wear comfortable clothes – like what you’d work out in – as you will work up a sweat!
- Stow your jacket in a cubby and leave keys/wallet/cell phone with someone in your party, especially when you go in the foam pit – it would be really tough to find small items in there!
- If you plan on staying more than an hour, and will be spending most of your time climbing or on the obstacle courses, you may wish to wear fingerless cycling gloves to protect your hands.
- There is definitely plenty for preschoolers to do, but for the best experience, go during Mini Ninja times (for 2-5 year olds) on weekday mornings when big kids are at school (it’s cheaper too!). See the InjaNation Calendar here.
For More Information
InjaNation provided us with free admission to check out and review their facility, but all words and opinions are my own.