The Canmore Nordic Centre is a world class facility with terrain for all levels and spectacular scenery. If you plan on cross country skiing with your family at least 6 times this season, a family season’s pass will save you money – especially if you get the Early Bird deal in October (10% off)! Individual season’s passes pay for themselves in 11 visits at Early Bird pricing. See why we love cross country skiing at the Nordic Centre!
|Canmore Nordic Centre|
- They have snow! Snow making on 20 kilometres of trails ensures a longer season with more consistent conditions. We skied until mid April last season!
Super spring skiing!
- World class grooming: The grooming here is amazing and done on a daily basis, so every morning you can ski on pristine tracks. There’s a reason that competitive cross country skiers train and race here (the fact that the terrain is rad also helps)!
Beautiful tracks at Canmore Nordic Centre
- 65+ km of groomed trails – for classic and skate skiers of all levels!
- Skate skiing: If you’ve had a hard time finding skate skiing trails, you will love skiing at Canmore Nordic Centre. Tons of trails to choose from!
- My favorite trails: As a classic skier, I love challenging myself on Olympic (a short, black run with a big climb up “Beckie’s Hill” and awesome descent), Roller Coaster, and King of Sweden (another black run).
- My kids’ favorite trails: My kids enjoy Banff Loop (green) to the Meadow Hut, and Lynx (a rolly blue trail). It is a slight uphill grade to the hut, so coming back is quite fast. Teach newer skiers to take one ski out of the track and make a half snowplow to slow themselves down.
Fun trails for the whole family!
|Canmore Nordic Centre at sunset|
|Meadow Warming Hut|
|Fireplace in the Day Lodge|
|Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company, Canmore|
|Beckie’s Hill is on Olympic Trail|
Cross Country Ski Season
The regular season runs from mid November (opening date to be announced soon) through April 30, 2018.
Frozen Thunder is a 1-2 km ski track that opens in late October each year to give skiers a head start on the season. It is only open to the public after 12 pm for a fee. Frozen Thunder admission is NOT included in your season’s pass.
Where to Buy Season’s Passes
2017/2018 Canmore Nordic Centre season’s passes will go on sale October 1, 2017 at 9 AM MST onsite (at the Day lodge) or online at myAlberta eservices.
Don’t delay – the Early Bird Sale (10% off) is only until October 31, 2017.
As an Alberta Parks Ambassador, I received free admission to Canmore Nordic Centre in 2016/2017, but all words and opinions are my own.