|St. Patrick’s Island, Calgary|
25 Fun Things to Do in Calgary With Your Kids This Spring: Free Activities, Attractions, & Events
1. Hike the Douglas Fir Trail in Edworthy Park and look for fairy houses. 2.2 km round trip to the lookout, 60 metres elevation gain (5 km round trip to Cedar Crescent SW). For more information, read this story: Three family hikes in NW Calgary.
|Douglas Fir Trail Lookout, Edworthy Park|
|East Village Playground, Calgary|
|Nose Hill Park Medicine Wheel|
|Fairy door at Hawkcliff Park|
|Bird watching at Inglewood Bird Sanctuary|
|Caballeros Sculpture, Artisan Garden, Fish Creek Provincial Park|
10. Discover YouthLink Calgary Police Interpretive Centre. Try on a police uniform, sit in a police car, learn Street Smarts, and learn about forensic science at this state of the art facility. Admission by donation.
12. Take the plane lover in your family to the Hangar Flight Museum, home to 27 rare military and civilian aircraft. Read more in my story: Hanging out at the Hangar Flight Museum.
13. Check out the amazing Spark Circus at Telus Spark (until June 9, 2019) then go down the 19 metre / 63 foot long slide in the Brainasium outdoor play area.
|Playing soccer at Bounce Gallery, Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame|
16. Climb, play, and learn at Granary Road Active Learning Park. Re-opens for the season in Spring 2019 (the market is open year-round). Check their website for updates & read about our fun time in this story: Granary Road Active Learning Park.
|Granary Road Active Learning Park|
SPRING EVENTS IN CALGARY
|Fish anatomy display at Bow Habitat Station|
|Glenbow Museum, Calgary|
25. April 13, 2019: Fish Creek Star Night. View the night sky through telescopes, go on a guided night walk, and learn about night creatures.